AZA16 - 31 August - 03 September 2016
SACAP is proud to be an associate sponsor of the AZA16 Scale : 31.08 – 03.09.
AZA16, the much anticipated design and architecture event of the year, is almost here.
The updated programme is bursting with a rich array of critical contemporary questions, interactive breakaway sessions and urban fun. Get down to the detail now.
Join international and local thought leaders and visionaries, as they explore the ways in which architects can innovate across scales to transform society. Scale up and down between keynote addresses by 6 international experts, parallel sessions which showcase the full gamut of our cutting-edge local practitioners, and more intimate engagements with speakers and colleagues in the breakaway sessions.
• The AZA16 HUB 1 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein – a satellite site for the streetstudio of the Masterclass in Student Housing, Local Studio-curated exhibition Future Braam, and Saturday tour hub. Visit the HUB for the final public crit of the masterclass and the opening of Future Braam, 7pm 1 September in conjunction with First Thursdays.
• Visit the David Krut Bookstore (Oppenheimer Life Sciences Building) for a curated selection of architectural and design books
• ‘City Futures’, ‘Perween Rahman: the rebel optimist’, and ‘Cool Trek: Venice and Back’ – a selection of illuminating documentaries.
• Parkour demonstrations, and live graffiti in the breaks – as well as sketching, origami, modelmaking and silent discos.
• Endless exhibitions! – Go to our exhibitions pageto see the large range of work on display, from small scale object design to urban schemes.