Invitation : Professional Practice Examination (PPE) - Call for Examiners
INVITATION TO REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL ARCHITECTS TO BE AN EXAMINER FOR SACAP’s PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE EXAMINATION (PPE)
WHEREAS the Architectural Profession Act 2000, (Act No. 44 of 2000) (the Act) prescribes in Section 19(2) that the Council must be satisfied that an applicant who applies for registration as a professional
Has demonstrated his or her competence as measured against standards determined by the council for the relevant category of registration; and
Has passed any additional examinations that may be determined by the council.
SACAP adopted a policy in respect of the writing of the Professional Practice Examination (PPE).
The Council therefore invites registered Professionals to submit their application to be considered as possible Examiners for the PPE.
The examination consists of two three-hour papers:
The first paper is a closed book paper and will deal with –
The Architectural Professional as Practitioner, and
Architectural Service to the Client.
The second paper, an open book examination, deals with –
Construction Law and Building Contracts,
The Resolution of Building Disputes
Examiners will be required to set either Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both, as determined by SACAP.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXAMINERS:
1. Applicants must be registered as a Professional Architect, or retired/non-practising Architects,
who had been registered with SACAP and has at least 10 years of experience in Architecture;
2. Applicants must be in good standing with SACAP and must have a full understanding of the
3. Experience as Lecturer or Associate lecturer for 3 years or more will be an added advantage;
Applicants are requested to submit their applications to SACAP NO LATER THAN 16:00 ON MONDAY 29 AUGUST 2016.
Applications should consist of the following (in the order indicated):
1. A letter of application (maximum two pages) explaining the applicant’s reasons for applying for the appointment as examiner and the value he/she could add to SACAP in this regard;
2. An abridged CV (a maximum of three pages) highlighting his/her academic qualifications, professional registrations, expertise and experience;
3. Three contactable referees with full names, designation, organisation, e-mail address and office and cell phone numbers.
As part of the appointment process SACAP reserves the right to request applicants to provide certified copies of qualifications and any other additional information or documentation considered necessary.
Applications should either be delivered:
By hand to : The Manager: Registrations & CPD
SACAP, 1st Floor, Lakeside Place, Cnr Ernest Oppenheimer Ave and Queen Street, Bruma, 2198
By post to: The Manager: Registrations & CPD, SACAP, PO Box 408, Bruma, 2026
By e-mail to: The Manager: Registrations & CPD, email : email@example.com
SACAP reserves the right not to appoint applicants as examiners
All enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org