Would you ditch your iPhone for the latest LG G5?
Last week, South Korean tech giant, LG Electronics, launched the G5 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress (MWC), which took place in Barcelona, Spain. However, LG is yet to announce the price for the smartphone or any of its accessories.
The G5 model is the first commercially available modular smartphone designed to fit in with the other smartphone devices in the industry. Its special feature of retaining the removable battery which was not possible until this innovation, sums up why the LG G5 stands out.
Here are 7 unique features of the LG G5:
- State-of-the-Art Camera (dual lens): LG G5 has a dual-lens camera allowing users take photos using all three of the G5’s lenses at the same time. One of the lenses of LG G5 has a wide 135-degree field of view for wide-angle photos that capture more than the iPhone camera’s 73-degree field of view. You can record a video and take photos at the same time and also have a number of different framing effects.
- Powerful performance and expandable storage : The LG G5 launches on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It also features the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 octo-core chipset with 4GB of RAM with a microSD card slot built in with the SIM card tray for expandable storage up to 200GB.
- Fast charging USB port: There’s no wireless charging on offer, but you do get Quick Charge 3.0 which gives up to 45 percent charging efficiency to the smartphone and USB Type-C. The new USB-C standard enables faster charging, speedier connections to computers and easier connections to TVs and monitors via HDMI cables.
- “Always On” screen functionality: The IPS LCD panel in LG G5 affords users the “always on” screen feature which displays time and basic notification info for quick glance without waking the screen unlike other LED which showing such basic information would lead to burn out. The Always-on Display requires only 0.8 percent of the battery’s full capacity per hour to operate.
- Additional modules: It also has a modular slide-out battery component and two optional modules, known as ‘friends’, the LG Cam Plus and Hi-Fi Plus for improved camera and audio prowess respectively. Users can also add the Bang & Olufsen DAC module for incredible music sound.
- Removable bottom and Battery Swap: Without requiring adapters or cases, one can you can swap dead battery for new ones. The LG G5 battery has a capacity of 2800mAh which isn’t huge, but uniquely for a metal handset, you’ll be able to switch that out yourself by removing the bottom of the phone and sticking in a new battery.
- Finger print scanner: The volume controls move to the side, leaving a power button with embedded fingerprint scanner on the back.
See video of the LG G5 below: