Aliko Dangote’s daughter appointed Executive Director of Tiger Brands: Here’s what you should know.
Halima Dangote, daughter of Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, has been appointed an Executive Director of Tiger Brand Consumer Goods (TGBC) Plc. which was formerly known as Dangote Flour Mills. This was made known in a letter written to the Nigerian Stock Exchange by the company this week. According to the letter, her appointment is effective from February 15th, 2016.
Her appointment may not be a surprise to many, as she has been a member of the board of executives of the Dangote Industries Limited since 2008 and has proven to have the skills for business just like her father. She will be tasked with the responsibility of project management and new business development while working with every member of the executive team; particularly the President/CEO to develop expansion plans for the company.
Tiger Brand sold its stakes in its unprofitable Nigerian business to Dangote last year after buying it from him in 2012. Here’s what you didn’t know about Halima Dangote:
- Halima is the eldest of Aliko Dangote’s three daughters. She is the mother of two and has been married to Suleiman Sani Bello since 2008.
- Halima has a Master’s in Business Administration from Webster Business School London United Kingdom and a BA in Marketing from American Intercontinental University London, UK.
- She started her career as a Business Analyst with KPMG where she worked for a year and proceeded to become the Special Assistant to the President and Chief Executive of Dangote Industries Limited a position, which she still, holds to date. She is currently a Trustee of the Dangote Foundation, CEO Managing Director of MHF Properties Limited, Executive Director Commercial (EDC) NASCON, a subsidiary of DIL, and an Executive Director at Dangote Industries Limited. Halima also currently runs Cupcake Factory in Lagos, which specialises in unique cake designs.
- She has undergone several professional training exercises:
- Program for Leadership Development (PLD) – Harvard Business School.
- Executive Development Program – Kellogg School of Management United States.
- Finance and Accounting for non-Financial Executive Columbia Business School, US.
- Real Estate Entrepreneurial Course – School of Estates Lagos, Nigeria.
The post Aliko Dangote’s daughter appointed Executive Director of Tiger Brands: Here’s what you should know. appeared first on Ventures Africa.