REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (PR/2015): Public Relations Service Provider
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (PR/2015)
Purpose: The appointment of a suitable Service Provider /
Consultant / Agency to render Public Relations (PR)
Click on the following hyperlink to access the REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL - PR SERVICE PROVIDER
1. PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MEDIA OBJECTIVES
SACAP’s Stakeholder Relations unit’s (SR) function is to project a
positive image of the organisation to its various Stakeholders, including
the Public and the Built Environment sector.
The Public Relations (PR) service provider will be required to build and
maintain relationships with various Stakeholders including the Media and
the Public, creating a positive image and reputation for the organisation
within its broader community, which will help create the circumstances
that will allow SACAP’s marketing efforts to succeed.
The SR unit is currently developing a comprehensive Marketing
and Communication Strategy which will include key
campaigns/events such as, national roadshows,
special events including Awards programs, exhibitions,
outreach initiatives, Corporate Social Investment (CSI)
programs, seminars and workshops.
the 4th Term’s Council key strategic objectives, with the
emphasis ofTransformation of the Architectural Profession.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
- The successful service provider is expected to provide
resources and capacity with the requisite skills and experience
SACAPto accomplish its strategic objectives;
- This will be achieved together with the support and approval
of the SR Unit, Registrar/CEO, CSR Chairperson and Council.
Responsibilities include the
following: Profile SACAPin the various media – including all television,
press and radio
interviews; D eviseand implement a media relations and liaison strategy;
- Assist with the development of the PR component of the
brand and its representatives that will be profiled in
- Develop and manage Communications and Content for various
media – campaigns etc;
- Develop and implement a distribution strategy to ensure
communications products reach the various target audiences
across all mediums:broadcast, print, radio and online;
- Writing and editorial services: Annual Report, advertorials and
website copy updates;
- Issue Media/Press releases and statements – as and when required;
- Develop content for the
SACAPmonthly newsletters and other publications, as and when required;
- Develop, advise and implement a social media strategy including the management thereof;
- Management of media monitoring (i.e. News clip);
- Compile comprehensive reporting on all media coverage;
- Pro-active and
- Attend monthly status meetings and provide progress
reporting for all campaigns and PR;
- Attendance at Stakeholder events, as and when required;
Assist with Advertising in various Media (ad-hoc) – as and
required ; Assistwith Event Management (ad-hoc) – as and when required.
3. COST PROPOSALS
- All assumptions made in drawing up the budget, including all
cost factors such as travelling, copying, office overheads etc.
must be provided in detail.
- Submit a cost proposal which must include a monthly retainer
indicating the cost proposed for services (itemised), excluding VAT,
and clearly indicate the inclusions and exclusions.
- Include all hourly costs for services that fall outside of the
retainer amount and scope of work.
SACAPreserves the right to negotiate the selection/
prioritisation of deliverables in line with the contract price.
4. CONTRACT PERIOD
The contract period will be one year, effective from the date of signing of
the contract, renewable annually for a further period (To be determined by
5. EVALUATION REQUIREMENTS
The following criteria will be used to evaluate proposals that are submitted
by the Service
FUNCTIONALITY AND PRICE
Experience, Skills and Ability of Service Provider to fulfil SACAP’s requirements, Past experience in work of this nature as outlined above
Submit a minimum of three (3) x cases studies of PR campaigns completed, including the Media Liaison Strategy applied and the types of media used in each campaign.
Reference checks and referees:
Price: The service provider should indicate a monthly fixed retainer excluding VAT.
6. CONTACT PERSON
The proposal must be submitted per email in a PDF Format as follows:
Closing Date: 11 September 2015 at 16h00