SACAP Vacancy : Human Resources Officer
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAPs primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the identification of work that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
Position: Human Resources Officer
To contribute to the achievement of the organisation's strategic objectives and minimise risks by providing Human Resources expertise and support with particular emphasis on developing, recommending and communicating sound HR practises and processes.
To ensure that employment systems within
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
General HR advice and professional support
· Provide general HR advice and support on day-to-day HR issues that may come up;
· Provide accurate monthly HR reports to the Chief Operations Officer
· Career Development;
· Develop and conduct Induction Programme;
· Co-ordinate the learning and development of the
· Manage funding for learning and developmental initiatives.
employee’s life cycle and Personal Development Plans.
· Coordinate the SACAP performance management process and ensure alignment with the industry
· Facilitate the rollout of the SACAP performance management system and one-on-one training when
· Provide advice on career development and performance counselling of staff;
· Ensure SACAP complies with relevant legislative and statutory requirements dealing with the
employee’s life cycle.
· Workforce Planning;
· Workforce Design
· Develop HR strategy and monitor implementation thereof;
· Manage Organisational Design;
· Manage organisational competencies;
· Co-ordinate Culture and Values initiatives;
· Run Transformation and Employment Equity programmes.
· Ensure SACAP complies with relevant legislative requirements dealing with the employee’s life
· Provide Labour Relations advice and facilitate on disciplinary and grievance issues;
· Coordinate with the Executive in managing staff compensation and employee benefits;
· Liaise with salary survey houses to benchmark market salaries of the SACAP staff;
· Maintain a database of employee benefits and ensure continuous updating of the data.
Human Resource Administration
· Maintain HR Policy Manual and Staff Circulars;
· Maintain HR Manual including policies and Procedures;
· Recommend suitable effective and efficient HR systems;
· Conduct HR Information Briefing Sessions;
· Manage Payroll (input and checking);
· Handle HR Administration
· An appropriate National Diploma or degree;
· A Psychology or Labour Relations post-graduate qualification will be an advantage.
Prior learning will be recognized;
· 3 to 5 years related HR Generalist experience.
· Valid driver’s licence
· Project Management efficiency
· Implementation of the performance management system.
Closing date: 14 September 2015
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application was unsuccessful.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1st floor, Lakeside Place, Cnr Ernest Oppenheimer and Queen Street, Bruma, 2026.