SACAP Vacancy : Senior Manager - Support Services (Finance)
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is a regulatory body for the Architectural Profession. SACAP's primary role is to protect the public by maintaining a register of Architectural Professionals, within the profession through a Code of Professional Conduct, the identification of work that may be performed by registered persons and publishing guidelines for professional fees.
SACAP is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic person to join as a Senior Manager: Support Services: Finance
Position: Senior Manager: Support Services: (Finance)
To contribute to the achievement of the organisation's strategic objectives and minimise risks by providing Senior Managerial Financial expertise and support with particular emphasis on:
SACAPin terms of Financial, Revenue, Audit, Risk and Supply Chain Management; and
- Overseeing and leading Finance, Human Resources (HR), Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Office Management practises and processes.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Professional Support Services Strategy
Develop and manage the implementation of the Support Services strategy.
Financial Legal, Regulatory and Statutory Support
- Provide professional guidance to
SACAPand monitor compliance in relation to it's financial legal, regulatory and statutory aspects of its mandate.
Integrated Accounting and Financial Management Systems
- Develop and manage Financial Management and Internal control systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures,
practices); Managebudgeting for SACAPand all departments.
- Manage and control cash
flow; Ensurethe management of Assets
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Develop and review of SCM systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures) for Accounts Payable and Receivable;
- Lead and guide Procurement of products and services
Management of Creditors and Debtors
- Ensure development and review of systems (i.e. processes, policies and procedures) for Accounts Payable and Receivable;
- Ensure management of Accounts Payable;
- Ensure management of Accounts Receivable
- Ensure financial month-end, quarterly and year-end
reporting; Ensure the production of Annual Financial Statements.
Audit and Risk Management
- Develop and review audit and risk management systems (i.e. processes, policies and
procedures); Overseeinternal and external audits
Special Departmental Projects and Programmes
- Lead special projects and
programmes; ManageProject resources (i.e. people, time and funds)
Management of the Support Services Department
- Manage HR, ICT and Office Management functions within the department
- Manage activities, performance and development of staff;
- Manage the departmental budget;
- Manage tools of trade and equipment provided to staff;
- Manage external service providers;
- Manage an information and records systems;
- Prepare management reports; and
Manage risks within the department.
- A post-graduate qualification in Accounting;
- Post-graduate Business Management qualification will be an advantage;
- Minimum of 7 years proven work experience (Financial Management and Auditing), of which 3 years should be at least on Middle Management level;
- Experience in Supply Chain
Management; Background in Public sector would be an advantage.
Further on the job training
- Completion of quarterly and Annual Financial reports;
- Accounting Software (e.g. Pastel Evolution, JDE, etc.);
- Budgeting and allocation of scarce resources;
- Governance and Risk Management;
- People Management;
- Performance Management system(s) and Financial and Management Reporting
Mandatory [recommended: SAICA, SAIPA].
In this position you will be reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
Closing date: 25 September 2015.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application was unsuccessful. SACAP reserves the right to make appointments or not.
Please submit your CV and copies of your qualification to:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Address: 1st floor, Lakeside Place, Cnr Ernest Oppenheimer and Queen Street, Bruma, 2026.