Congratulations Cliff Gouws
Holm Jordaan Group would like to congratulate one of our candidate architects, Cliff Gouws.
In 2011 Mr. Gouws completed his MArch Professional degree in architecture cum laude from the University of Pretoria, where he received numerous prizes for his dissertation entitled Magazine Hill: a weathered continuum.
The prizes include:
University of Pretoria awards:
– Corobrik prize (regionally) for the best architecture dissertation completed at the University of Pretoria in 2011
– The PIA (Pretoria Institute for Architects) Design Prize for the highest design average in the Master of Architecture program
– Best technical documentation (best construction drawings) in the MArch Prof program
– SACAP (South African Council for the Architectural Profession) medal for the student with the highest average (nationally) in the Master of Architecture program at any university in South Africa in 2011
– National Corobrik winner for the best architecture dissertation at any University in South Africa in 2011
– Architecture for Humanityâ€™s [Un]restricted Access: From Military to Urban Space competition where his work was reviewed by renowned architect Tom Kundig and the Renzo Piano workshop. He received the 1st prize in the Economic Development category. His work will also be featured at the 2012 Venice Biennale for this achievement.
– One of three winners for the NDLTD (The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations) Innovative ETD Award for the best digital dissertation in any program, completed ant any international University in 2011