Unveiled: Members of Nigeria’s new cabinet and their portfolios
Today, after a five-month wait, Nigeria welcomes a new Federal Executive Council as President Muhammadu Buhari formally admits members of his cabinet and assigns portfolios at the Ministerial Inauguration which took place at the Presidential Villa, Aso rock.
The inaugural ceremony revealed new changes like the merging of some ministries and the eradication of others, resulting in a total of 24 ministries as opposed to the 32 ran by the former administration. President Buhari is clearly a man who is walking the talk as he did mention at one point last week, that Nigeria could not afford to run as many ministries as it had previously.
The former governor of Lagos state, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), was allotted the huge responsibility of handling three ministries merged into one – Ministry of Power, Ministry of Works, and the Ministry of Housing, Land and Urban Development. Given his past record as a state governor where he made tremendous changes improving the city of Lagos, Nigerians have faith in his proficiency as the Minister of Power, Works, and Housing.
Below is the full list and allotted portfolios:
1. Babatunde Fashola – Minister of Power, Works and Housing
Excited for the portfolios Mr. Fashola would be handling.
— Johannes Tobi W. (@Johannxs) November 11, 2015
2. Udo Udo Udoma – Minister of Budget and National Planning
Udoma Udo Udoma will bring sanity to our Budget and Planning Ministry. That is another star to watch in this cabinet.
— The Godfather (@Ayourb) November 11, 2015
3. Kayode Fayemi – Minister of Solid Minerals
Fayemi in Solid Minerals is an indication of what Buhari intends to do with Nigeria's abandoned mineral resources.
— JJ. Omojuwa (@Omojuwa) November 11, 2015
4. Aisha Alhassan – Minister Women Affairs
So this Mama Taraba is a Senator, Governor and Minister? Gawd. What a CV. #MinisterialInauguration
— Winner (@Winnerr_) November 11, 2015
- Abdulrahman Dambazau – Minister of Interior
- Chris Ngige – Minister of Labour and Employment
- Ogbonnaya Onu – Minister of Science and Technology
- Solomon Dalong – Minister for Youths and Sports
- Suleiman Adamu – Minister of Water Resources
- Audu Ogbeh – Minister of Agriculture
- Kemi Adeosun – Minister of Finance
- Abubakar Malami – Minister of Justice
- Geoffrey Onyeama – Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Lai Mohammed – Minister of Information
- Amina Mohammed – Minister of Environment
- Muhammadu Bello – Minister of Federal Capital Territory
- Adamu Adamu – Minister of Education
- Monsur Dan-Ali – Minister of Defence
- Isaac Adewole Folorunsho – Minister of Health
- Adebayo Shittu – Minister of Communications
- Okechukwu Enelamah – Minister of Trade, Industry, and Investment
- Usani Usani Uguru – Minister of Niger Delta
- President Muhammadu Buhari – Minister of Petroleum
- Hadi Sirika – Minister of State for Aviation
- Ibe Kachikwu – Minister of State for Petroleum
- Osagie Ehanire – Minister of State for Health
- Anthony Onwuka – Minister of State for Education
- Ibrahim Usman Jibril – Minister of State for Environment
- Aisha Abubakar – Minister of State for Trade and Investment
- Khadija Bukar Abba – Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
- Mustapha Shehuri – Minister of State for Power
- Heineken Lokpobiri – Minister of State for Agriculture
- Abubakar Bwari Bawa – Minister of State for Solid Minerals
- Claudius Daramola – Minister of State, Niger Delta
- James Ocholi – Minister of State for Labour
- Zainab Ahmed – Minister of State for Budget
The post Unveiled: Members of Nigeria’s new cabinet and their portfolios appeared first on Ventures Africa.