SA Government's programme of action update
Pretoria - President Jacob Zuma will today update the media on progress made in the implementation of the government's programme of action, since the delivery of the 2015 State of the Nation Address (SONA) in February.
The briefing will be held at the Union Buildings in Pretoria.
The President will focus primarily on the nine point plan to boost economic growth and creation of jobs, which he announced in the SONA, as well as other interventions.
The nine point plan consists of:
· Revitalisation of the agriculture and agro-processing value-chain;
· Advancing beneficiation (adding value to our mineral wealth);
· More effective implementation of a higher impact IPAP;
· Unlocking the potential of SMME, co-ops, township and rural enterprise;
· Resolving the energy challenge;
· Stabilising the labour market;
· Scaling-up private-sector investment;
· Growing the Ocean Economy; and
· Cross-cutting Areas to Reform, Boost and Diversify the Economy, which are:
i. Science, technology and innovation
ii. Water and sanitation
iii. Transport infrastructure
iv. Broadband rollout
v. State owned companies
The Presidency said President Zuma will also brief media and stakeholders on Operation Phakisa on Thursday.
Operation Phakisa is the fast results methodology learned from Malaysia that government is using to fast-track delivery in growing the ocean economy and building ideal clinics.
“The methodology is also being explored in the mining and basic education sectors,” said the Presidency.