Bloemfontein water restrictions kick in next week
Dirk Lotriet, News24
Bloemfontein - From Monday, newly imposed water restrictions will be in place for Bloemfontein residents, with strict penalties in the pipeline for those who fail to adhere to the water saving rules.
The Mangaung Metro Council started implementing the new restrictions on Thursday, despite heavy rainfall.
Metro speaker Mxolisi Siyonzana said a final decision on penalties had not yet been made, and that the council would sit on Monday to make a formal decision.
These restrictions are:
- Watering of lawn is prohibited.
- Watering of plants by hosepipes and or irrigation systems is prohibited.
- Watering of plants is only allowed on alternate days.
- Emptying and or filling of swimming pools is prohibited.
- Washing of cars by hosepipe and or spray machine is prohibited.
- Cars may only be washed once a month.
- Waste water from car washing may not run down the street.
- Hosing of hard surfaces is prohibited.