RETAIL PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Nigeria
RETAIL PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Nigeria /Ghana
Exclusive to Wallstreet
This opportunity has become available at one of the leading local Property Development Organisations in Nigeria for a Development Manager. They have invested together with an international equity organisation to continue the strategic growth within this dynamic emerging country. Major retail projects are located in Nigeria as well as Ghana – travel will be expected.
You would report directly to the confident, progressive and highly skilled CEO who has been trained in the UK and has successful projects under his belt in Nigeria as well.
He would need a candidate with a related qualification (Architecture, Building, Civil, Quantity Surveying or a B Com/Law or Engineering) with at least 3 of their 10 years successful working history in the African continent or the Middle East. An MBA would be advantageous. Your computer skills need to include MS Power Point and Word, fluency in MS Project will be a plus.
Ideal candidate should be a creative thinker who is able to contribute positively to decision making, adaptable, a strategic planner who is able to take ownership not only of the development process but is able to keep his eye on the budget to ensure best practice and deliver a financially viable asset.
You would be responsible for the creation, design and implementation process of a new 25,000 sqm, Class A retail project also oversee the other developments this Client is involved in – your duties will include:
• Project feasibility studies, presentations and recommendations on development concept, preliminary program and budget
• Owner of the project budget and schedule
• Development/project brief, which include setting time, cost and quality objectives for the project;
• Selection and appointment of project consultants and contractors, and coordinate and monitor their work done to make sure design process is on time and on budget
• Manage and own the design process through concept and schematic design, design development and construction drawings
• Identification of potential construction related issues or contractual disputes and effect appropriate solutions
• Monitors project budgets and schedules for significant variances
• Oversee, review and sign-off all contractor and suppliers’ payments
• Coordinate requirements with anchor tenants and their consultants
• Management of the project to meet the time, cost and quality objectives
• Provides administrative and financial analysis support to ensure project completion
• Manager clients/investors relations, communication and reporting.
• Assists in the leasing contract of the retail centre to include working closely with legal counsel and Client in review of lease documents.
• Make certain that all project’s agreements are properly documented
• Monitors the flow of information regarding project design among interested parties including investors, market research personnel, construction groups, consultants and architects.
• Coordinate and monitor the activities of the General Contractor and consultants during construction to make sure construction is executed to meet project quality, time and cost objectives
• Acts as a team member with all employees
• Complies with all policies and procedures
Be part of this international team to develop Nigeria.
The package they are offering is as follows:
US$200K base salary, discretionary bonus 20% of base, housing allowance US$40K, car, health insurance, phone, one trip back home for candidate and family (business for adults, economy for kids.
This is a 3 year renewable contract, leave is 25 days – although they would consider a family status, Lagos is not an ideal city for a family!!!!
Please let me know if you are challenged by this opportunity and would like to make a difference in this fast emerging country in Africa which promises to be the leaders within a few years!!!
Full detailed CV may be sent to Jacqui M Tuck at email@example.com
Or should you wish to discuss this with me, please email me and I shall respond as this a serious opportunity which I wish to fill with the most outstanding candidate!
Hope to hear from you soonest as my Client would like to have this filled soonest. Urgent appointment!!!