- Architects: J. J. Pan & Partners
- Location: Ho-Ping Rd., Yangmei, Taoyuan City, Taiwan
- Lead Archtiects: Joshua J. Pan, FAIA
- Design Team: Mitchell C.S. Huang, Chao-Yi Chen, Ady Tsai, Po-Yang Lin, Teng-Mao Huang, Pei-Shan Chang, Min Chiu, Hsin-Han Chen, Po-Cheng Wang, Chun Ouyang, Syue-Shuang Leng, Ming-Yu Wei, Shih-Fang Huang, Huei-Ru Tai
- Client: Ally Logistic Property, Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Structural Consultant: Envision Structural Engineering Consultant
- Area: 100722.0 m2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Weishih Hsieh
IKEA furniture can get your interior design most of the way to where you want it, but another Scandinavian company has enlisted three world-renowned architecture firms to help get you the rest of the way to a high-end design.
Reform enlisted architects from Bjarke Ingels Group, Henning Larsen Architects, and Norm Architects to create a series of finishing touches for existing IKEA products, from customized handles to stylized surfaces. Tapping into the popularity of Nordic design as well as the thriving industry of IKEA hackers, Reform aims to make luxury design affordable.
- Architects: catherinecatherine
- Location: Little Italy, Montreal, QC, Canada
- Lead Designers: Catherine Breton-Potvin + Catherine Gomes-Aubin
- Builder: Tekto Construction
- Carpenter: André-Luc Dandurand
- Client: Sarah M. St-Arnaud
- Area: 1600.0 ft2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Raphaël Thibodeau
Foster + Partners have released images of their proposed Mullin Automotive Park at Enstone Airfield, now submitted for planning permission. Intended as a “world-class automotive museum in the heart of the British countryside” the scheme will rehabilitate a disused airfield to support a growing community of classic automobile collectors.
Designed as a collection of buildings arranged in a crescent, the museum draws inspiration from the concept of a rural estate, with a journey through a carefully-considered landscape towards a main focal building. As well as reflecting on the history of the automobile industry over the last century, the scheme will house an open-ended collection charting the future of mobility.
Phaidon, October 2018
Hardcover | 11-3/8 x 9-7/8 inches | 320 pages | 285 illustrations | English | ISBN: 978-0714877150 | $79.95
Throughout history, architects have relied on drawings both to develop their ideas and communicate their vision to the world.
This gorgeous collection brings together more than 250 of the finest architectural drawings of all time, revealing each architect's process and personality as never before. Creatively paired to stimulate the imagination, the illustrations span the centuries and range from sketches to renderings, simple to intricate, built projects to a utopian ideal, famous to rarely seen - a true celebration of the art of architecture.
Visually paired images draw connections and contrasts between architecture from different times, styles, and places. From Michelangelo to Frank Gehry, Louise Bourgeois to Tadao Ando, B.V. Doshi to Zaha Hadid, and Grafton to Luis Barragán, the book shows the incredible variety and beauty of architectural drawings.dDAB Commentary:
Polish practice FAAB Architektura have created a new building for the Pawiak Prison Museum in Warsaw. Formed with a multi-level vertical park, the project is designed on the historic site of the former "Serbia" prison. FAAB's plan utilizes landscape architecture strategies to integrate and mark the layout of the complex within the city. The new structure was made to challenge the consciousness of visitors as they confront history itself.