Green Building Conference 2011 : Lifecycle Approach to Building Operations
The Green Building Conference and Exhibition is honoured to host Colin Rohlfing, Senior Associate and Sustainable Design Director of the North Central Region of HOK, who will be presenting on The Lifecycle Approach to Building Operations. Rohlfing, who leads the office's sustainable consulting practice, works with local and firmwide project teams to coordinate sustainable design efforts within all design phases, guiding sustainable design integration and building certification process under the U.S Green Building Council's various LEED Rating Systems.
The Green Building Conference and Exhibition returns to Sandton Convention Centre in 2011 and will provide a powerful mix of international and local content for built-environment professionals and stakeholders.
World renowned designers and experts will accompany South Africa's own leaders in sustainable construction in a new extended plenary format.
* Opportunity to attend a real-time green building design charrette – a collaborative session in which a group of design professionals and experts practically tackle a green building.
* An extensive exhibition floor is being planned for the 2011 Green Building Exhibition in the Sandton Convention Centre to discuss and network with an extensive gathering of design professionals and built-environment stakeholders in the Centre Ball Room and delegate sessions will take place on the same level in the perfectly presented Conference facility next door.
* Confirmed international green building and planning speakers such as Colin Rohlfing, Megan Holder, Matt Vaudin , Nina Maritz and Jean Francios Koenig
* Confirmed regional experts such as Llewellyn van Wyk (Conference Chairman), Francois Viruly, Barry Bredenkamp, Rodney Milford, Anthony Turton, Michael Magner and Eamonn O'Rourke
* 3 design charrettes in the afternoon of day 2 will provide delegates practical insight into planning and designing a green building.
The Green Building Conference will retain the focus on three kinds of content for delegates in 2011.
International presentations from star architects, designers and/or planners
* Highly relevant plenary content for local professionals and
* Even more emphasis on practical, technical, locally applicable green building implementation through the green building design charrettes.
* An expanded exhibition hall of leading product and service providers will complement the agenda and will serve as a meeting ground where delegates and exhibitors network, engage and do business.
Click here for more information.