3rd issue of the AIMS International Business Climate Analyzer: The ABCA
AIMS International, a preeminent Executive Search and Talent Management organization, has launched the third issue of its Business Climate indicator. ABCA delivers a global insight into the business climate by industry segments.
Questions in the survey focus on past, present and expected business conditions, going back the last 4 months and forecasting the next 4 months. The information provides a very useful trend analysis in 7 major business segments.
“Every issue of the ABCA delivers interesting insights for me, as EVP AMERICAS at AIMS International and as an owner of a company with international business relations” comments AIMS International Vice President John W. Poracky.
The ABCA 2011/12 shows the following results compared to the ABCA 2011/08:
- 41% (Δ -6%) of the AIMS International partners and consultants evaluate the current state of business as good, 39% (Δ -1%) as middle and 20% (Δ +7%) as bad. Compared to the ABCA 2011/08 the perception of business conditions is slightly worse. This follows the trend which already started in 2011/04.
- Allowing multiple answers, 68% (Δ -8%) of the polled companies experienced significant business loss in the Industrial, Engineering and Logistics segments, 63% (Δ -15%) in FMCG, Retail and Luxury Goods industries 26% (Δ -15%) and in the Pharma, Health Care and Life Science segment 20% (Δ -8%). In the IT and Telecom field business grew to 34% (Δ +12%). Analyzing the information shows there has been a significant increase in Executive Positions filled in the field of IT and Telecom, but significant decreases in the fields of Industrial, Engineering and Logistics, the FMCG field and the Pharma, Health Care and Life Science sector.
- Following the answers, 41% (Δ -6%) of the companies increased their additional revenue during the last 4 months, 34% (Δ -13%) see their revenue as stable, 25% (Δ +19%) as decreased. This shows that the positive dynamics in the revenue development has turned around since the last ABCA 2011/08.
- Only 64% (Δ -6%) of the AIMS partners evaluated their number of current projects as large or sufficient, 36% (Δ +6%) as not enough. We view this as that the satisfaction of the entrepreneurs who take part in the poll sank another 6% after decreasing 20% in the last period.
- As for the forecast for the next 4 months, 82% (Δ -9%) expect their business as stable or better, 18% (Δ +9%) as worse. Another sign of less optimism. Also, there has been a reduction (Δ -6%) of optimists who expect their business to be improving in the next 4 months (36%). The outlook for the first quarter of the year 2012 is stable.
About AIMS International
Incorporated in Vienna, Austria in 1992, AIMS International is an international executive search organization of independently owned and managed executive search firms who work collaboratively to execute executive search assignment for global clients around the world. AIMS International is represented by over 350 consultants in more than 90 offices in over 50 countries throughout all continents. It was ranked the largest executive search partnership in the world by Search-Consult Magazine.
International website: www.aims-international.netSouth African website: www.aims-southafrica.com